Beauty Review: Huda Beauty Lip Contour Set

Wednesday, October 04, 2017



I'm so, so excited to be sharing this review right here on my blog today 'coz I've been recently following Huda Beauty on Instagram and I love this woman! A blogger turned entrepreneur, she s definitely super talented, and I love the looks she often shares on her Instagram!

Apparently, she has her own makeup line and uses them quite often in her makeup tutorial - and since I'm in the Middle East, why not grab some of her cosmetics from her makeup line?

Headed straight to Sephora at Villagio Mall and unfortunately, most of the items were not instock. Especially her eyeshadow palette - Rose Gold Edition, that seems to be out of stock EVERYWHERE here in Qatar.

I went to a few Sephora outlets in Qatar, but ALL of them do not have the eyeshadow palette in stock :'(

Instead, I was looking at her Lip Strobe series, and the colours were all so gorgeous! Reviews were pretty decent for this, but I was a little hesistant about the payoff of the colour, how it'd turn out on my lips, thus I  decided to grab one of her Lip Contour Set in Trendsetter & Bombshell to try out.





The Lip Contour Set consists of one Lip Liner and two Lip Strobes to create her signature, favourite look. Note that the lip strobes are miniature sizes, so it's great if you're looking to just give it a try!




I love the packaging of her lip strobes though. It feels very classy and is easy to open.
Her Lip Contour Pencil is easy pretty much any other lip pencils, but the colour is super beautiful.




As taught by Huda herself, it is best to line the lips by creating an X at your cupid's bow first, after which you line the entire lip and fill your lips with the Huda Beauty Lip Strobe. As for this Contour Set, I put on Trendsetter first, before dabbing Bombshell on the inner corner of my lips to create a pouty look. 







Verdict
The colours are super gorgeous to create an everyday, nude, chic yet not over the top kind of look. It stays true to its promise, there was no colour transfer when I drank from my cup (unlike Colourpop) and it stayed on for a good 3-4 hours. I wore it to TGIF for dinner, and by the end of dinner, 30% of the colour was still there!


If you've been thinking about it for the longest time, I'd say GO FOR IT!

I can't wait to check out her other makeup products as well. xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Let me know your thoughts! :)

Blog Archive

Quote of the Day

"I may be a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *