Everyday Skincare/Makeup Routine

Sunday, July 19, 2015




Hey guys! 

I'm so sorry. I know I've been saying this over and over again but it's been MONTHS since I last blogged. (Think I said that a few months back?) I'm now back full-force with lots of contents to share with y'all.

My last update was January 2015 ~_~  But blogging once in a blue's not gonna happen anymore. I'll be blogging every now and then, especially since I've been spending the entire day trying to learn about my camera's functions - aperture, ISO, etc.

If you're really keen to see what I'm up to everyday, just follow me on Instagram! ;)


So if you're wondering what's happened from Jan all the way till now... A quick summary of what I've been up to:
  • Just got back from Thailand again! This time, it was really an adventure - did mostly island hopping :)
  • Got a full-time job as a marketing executive and I'm really loving every minute of it! Fine.. not every minute la but the passion is THERE. :P




Since there's really a lot of things I'm gonna be updating about, thought I'd like to share my skincare/makeup routine is like :)

People who has known me for ages know how easily my skin will break out / get irritated, which is why buying skincare can be a pain in the ass as I don't know which product don't really work out  well for me. I've got both sensitive and combination skin, and recently things went downhill when I broke out really bad. Like really, really bad. The pimples spreaded across my face, decided to go bonkers and left dark, horrible scars that seems like it's never ever going away. I tried everything - weird homemade masks, changed my lifestyle, what I ate, bought expensive skincare, scar gels and what not.

The only thing that really worked..... was my beloved Jorubi Aloe Vera gel. 100% natural, it soothed the angry pimples and my scars are getting a lot less visible now! 

Of course, paired with a proper skincare regime and diet, my skin got a lot better and makeup glides on a lot smoother right now :)



 1. Tone - Sekkisei Lotion

Basically it's a lightweight toner that smells like baby powder. It's supposedly infused with oriental herbs to help promote a luminous, radiant skin. I've only started using this for a week, and I can see the vast difference! My pores are getting a lot less visible and my skin's getting more luminous ;)


 2. Moisturise - Innisfree Green Tea Fresh Cream

I got it from Qoo10 when they had a timesale. Didn't have much expectation for Korean skincare.. especially when it comes to moisturiser since my impression is that it's always super over moisturising. My skin can't take that! Surprisingly this turns out to be pretty lightweight yet moisturising at the same time. It does smell a teeny weeny funny but so far, it's been making my skin behave ;)


One step that I missed out - My Jorubi Aloe Vera Gel. Usually I'd just apply after the moisturing part to help soothe the redness on my face :)


Makeup

As for makeup, I really like my daily makeup to be as natural as possible but yet chic at the same time! Don't get me wrong - I love dolling up, especially for special occasions ;) Special occasions will call for falsies, highlighting & contouring, bold lipsticks and more intense eyeshadow colours. I try not to use foundation daily as they tend to clog pores, so be sure to use a good makeup remover! I use Biore's oil makeup remover :)

1. Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray

This is my holy grail of all. I'll never be out of the house without this if I was going to club. I can skip primer (just kidding) and just use this. This awesome bottle of goodness is usually used at the last part after makeup's all done. Just give your face a few spritz and watch your makeup stay on your face (even after a night of intense clubbing) and your makeup won't even budge!

2. Urban Decay Naked 2 Eyeshadow Palette

Hands down my favourite eyeshadow colours of all eyeshadows in the world. Consisting of neutral to bold colours, there's a colour for any occasion! It's an all-in-one; the light colours I'd use them to highlight my brow bones, eyes while the dark ones can be used for contouring and create bold looks for the eyes :) I use the colours EVERYDAY. Kid you not.

3. Smashbox 15 Hours Hydrating Foundation

After discovering this, I don't think I'm going back to Makeup Forever HD Foundation. The staying power for this is really awesome - the only complaint I have for this is that it dries off too fast! But other than that, the coverage is awesome and a bottle goes a long way :) And it stays true to its claim - 15 hours of coverage and even longer if you use Urban Decay's All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray. 

4. Makeup Forever HD Primer

I got this as part of the Makeup Forever starter kit, and I've been loving this ever since! Not only does it smells really nice, it helps to minimize the appearances of my pores and help makeup glide on really smoothly :) 



ZA Perfect Fit Concealer

I've been using this since I was 12. yes.. 10 years and I haven't changed my concealer since. Switched to Faceshop's concealer stick and a few other brands, but I find myself coming back to this concealer every single time. It doesn't crease and budge, and it's only less than $15! My necessity.


Recently purchased Etude House Drawing Eyebrow in brown from Qoo10. I'm not a fan of korean makeup but this really took me by surprise. The colour is really pretty pigmented and comes off nicely. There's a brush at the other end of the tip that helps you achieve the korean eyebrow (straight and bushy) yet sophiscated at the same time.

Another one of my holy grail drug store makeup will have to be Wet n Wild Eyeshadow in Walking on Eggshells. I've been re-purchasing it again and again and I don't see any reason not to buy it! I use it to highlight the inner corner of my eyes, above my lips and my brow bone to achieve the more-defined look.

Moving away from Makeup Forever's HD Finishing Powder, I'm currently using Tarte's Finishing Powder. It's a lot more compact as I can just use the brush inside the packaging. I'm not too sure how to feel about this as it doesn't last long (it's about $38!) and not too wallet-friendly and the brush can get pretty tricky to use if you're a beginner. What I do is that I'll use my kabuki brush and just brush it over my face.


TonyMoly Petite Bunny Gloss Bar

I have nothing but FULL OF PRAISES for this petite "lipstick." It smells like the best thing ever on earth (Yea.. I've got a soft spot for things that smell nice :P) Though they call it a gloss bar, the colour is really gorgeous and pigmented, and it stays on pretty long considering that it's just a lipbalm/semi lipstick. (2~3 hours) It's so good I bought it again and in 2 more different shades.



Esprique Bright Lasting Rouge

One of the most moisturising lipstick I've ever used, the colour is really pigmented and stays on well too! It doesn't settle onto your lip lines like other matte lipsticks do. It's also not too matte but not too glossy either. Just the perfect texture. As it's pretty bold, I only use it for special occasions :)




That's all about my skincare/makeup routine. Hope you guys enjoy as much as I did blogging about it!


Hope this post will help you with deciding on which makeup products to go for when you're at Sephora ;)
Can't wait to share more about my adventures in my next post! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Let me know your thoughts! :)

Blog Archive

Quote of the Day

"I may be a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *